Is my birthday!!! And I am officially 27. I know the traditional birthday mindset is it’s all about me and it’s time to celebrate my life , but this year I want to take the time to share some of the amazing lessons I have learned during my 27 years of life . This is about giving back and sharing the tools and tips and even little reminders that helped me survive some days and thrive on others .
I hope they help you, I hope you connect . I feel so blessed to be here on this earth right now for so many reasons . Life is precious, it’s exhilarating and scary. It’s baffling and enlightening… it’s a wonder and a puzzle . And we should seek to embrace all that comes with it . This is how we are molded and shaped into the person we are meant to be . But only you can decide what that means , and you decide that by choosing how life shapes you . Do you learn the lessons life gives you ? Or do you become hardened and stubborn to growth and change ?
So for my birthday I want to give you all a gift . 10 gifts in fact. These are just 10 of the many tips and lessons I have learned so far .
- Be mindful of the energy you surround yourself with
- You deserve rest and relaxation. You will still be good enough if you take a break.
- Love yourself enough to say no to toxic people
- Always be early. 15 minutes is in time. Anything after that is late.
- Do your research. The well informed and prepared are easily trusted with opportunity.
- Care more about your charectar than what people think of you
- Your mindset is truly the divide between success and failure
- Spend time with yourself in silence. Learn to ‘be’ without stimulation from technology
- When you find yourself in a difficult situation, center your responses by asking yourself what your desired result is, then tailor your actions to get you there.
- You have power, purpose, and potential. Don’t let others dim your light. Love yourself more than your favorite foods.